Thursday, November 17, 2011

Delta Jackpot

   The Delta Jackpot could be called a "Win and Your In" prep for the KY Derby. With a purse of one million dollars the winner is virtually assured of a spot in the KY Derby. Makes one wonder why more high profile horses aren't entered. I would think that winning this race would give the connections an awful lot of options as to what races to enter and how often to race. I suppose the winner could just sit on the sidelines til the big dance.
   The field looks to be competitive enough but I don't see any of these as a serious derby contender. I see a few decent pedigrees but nothing that excites me at all.
   Drill looks to have run against better fields than the rest but threw a real clunker last time although he did have some trouble at the start. I would have liked to see him at least get involved in the race so, even though he may bounce right back, I'm going against him.
   As many readers know, I use pedigrees as my main handicapping tool in these races for young horses so that's how I will judge this race.

1- My Adonis.....
2- Drill
3- Sabercat
4- Tiz Moe

   I won't be putting any of these pedigrees on my derby watch list because I don't think any of them are bred for classic distances.

No comments:

Post a Comment