Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pennsylvania Derby

   This looks to be an interesting race. I don't know what the plans might be for whoever wins but it's possible they would try the BC Classic.
   If you recall, after the AK Derby I told my readers to keep an eye out for J W Blue as he would be heard from down the line. I really like his breeding but either he was brought along slowly or he's a late bloomer. I would have liked to seen him in the JGC as I think he's more suited for the longer distances. He may be at a disadvantage in this race since he comes from far off the pace. If he should win this race I would really like to see him in the BC. Another who's pedigree I like is Rattlesnake Bridge. His sire is a son of Pulpit as is J W Blue's but I happen to like Blue's dam better. The snake is another who likes to come from off the pace. He beat Blue in the Travers but Blue was the only one gaining on Thirsty that day. That brings me to my other pedigree horse in here, To Honor And Serve. THAS has a ton of speed and if Dutrow decides, as he's hinted, to scratch Rush Now, that would leave THAS as the lone speed. If that happens then he could set his own pace and be mighty hard to catch unless he's not really back to his old self. I'm wondering what the circumstances are that has JR riding the Snake rather than THAS.
   At any rate here's how I rate them by pedigree:

If Rush Now is scratched;
To Honor And To Serve
J W Blue
Rattlesnake Bridge
Ruler On Ice

If Rush Now runs;
J W Blue
Rattlesnake Bridge
To Honor And Serve
Ruler On Ice

Ruler could be much closer as he does have a little speed on occasion but I'm handicapping by my pedigree likes and although he doesn't have a bad pedigree I much prefer the other three.
Backstretch

No comments:

Post a Comment