Saturday, September 17, 2011

Natalma and Summer Stakes

   I was really impressed with Northern Passion. Right now I would favor her in the Breeders Cup. Shes bred to run all day and I think she will get better as the distance gets longer. I think the fillies looked better as a group than the colts.
   Dayatthespa ran a nice race and might do well at the longer distances if rated off the pace more. I will say, she got beat by a really good one today so she looks to have a bright future also.
   I wasn't that impressed with the colts. Finale was all out to beat Excaper who is a nicely bred colt but I think he has some distance limitations. Excaper will, in my opinion, have trouble getting much over a mile. I think Daddy Nose Best is going to be a little slow coming into his own but has a lot of potential.
   I want to congratulate my friend who's a partner in Dayatthespa. I won't mention his name right now because I don't know if he would appreciate it. I hope they have a lot of success with her.
Backstretch

No comments:

Post a Comment