Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pedigree Experts Follow Up

   I know I stepped on some toes in my previous post so I do apologize to those who are normally agreeable. My gripe is not with those that have a different opinion, but with posters who don't wish to have a discussion about the merits of this or that and only want to try to prove someone wrong.
   It's not hard to tell when an individual is knowledgeable about a given subject whether it be handicapping or pedigrees or most anything. Having a discussion with a person that is well informed is usually a pleasure because it gives you a chance to see some things you may not have thought of.
   On the other hand, there are those who might know a little, and in many cases, damn little, that always try to start a dispute with wise-ass remarks. Another little trick they use is to try and find some little mistake in spelling or grammar so as to try to make one look foolish. When it comes to the subject at hand they like to insist that whatever their opinion is, and it doesn't matter as to how simplified that opinion is, their answer is the be all and end all. It's been said; a little knowledge can be dangerous.
   Since I'm pushing 80 yrs. of age perhaps I'm a cantankerous old man but honestly, I don't mean to be. I guess I don't suffer fools graciously, especially nasty ones. After all, in most cases, I've been where they are and they can only hope to get where I am.
Backstretch

No comments:

Post a Comment