Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Horse Forums

   There are a few horse racing forums on the internet and I've visited most of them. For the most part they are friendly places where folks get together to express their opinions and select winners.
   There is one however, that to enter is to step into a war zone, which in reality means; if you don't subscribe to speed and pace handicapping your regarded as a Neanderthal. They, and only they, have the answers to any and all questions regarding horse racing in any size shape or form
   There are numerous characters on there that sell speed and pace ratings and various other useless stuff. A real bunch of hucksters whose main claim to fame is to try to discredit or defame anyone who isn't in the clan. Here's the kicker though, nobody on there actually offers anything constructive, but they do spend an inordinate amount of time trying to tear other people and their ideas apart.

   I have been trying for some time to figure the motivation of these kooks and have finally decided it's the colors on the website which are mostly green, as in envy. They are all jealous of anyone with an original idea and are really pissed that they didn't think of it, but most of all, they envy anyone who might be successful ACTUALLY making money by betting. They may be hawking numbers and ratings but that's a far cry from actually picking the winners of races.

   Now here's what's really funny. I have had a service for a number of years that bettors subscribe to and I send them my daily selections. Many of these subscribers have been with me for quite a few years. They just pay a monthly fee and they get the plays by e-mail. I have a couple of players that I don't even charge because they send me a % of their winnings. If they didn't make money I don't think they would be paying my fee for years. BUT WHAT I LOVE is that I keep picking up subscribers from that horse racing site. Now that's really funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment